How do you display an "assets object" in a portal when the user is not logged in?

Ben April 19, 2023

Hi,

I have created an advanced custom field of type "Assets Object". This field takes information from "Assets" (say "product A" and "product B") and displays it in the portal.

This works all fine, but ONLY if a user is logged in already. My portal is "open", meaning the option "Customers can access and send requests from the portal without logging in" is activated. So, anyone can look at the portal. 

If now a user IS NOT LOGGED IN, the user does NOT see the "Assets Object"-field, while any user who is logged in, does see the field correctly. The field is not associated with user information. It is just an asset object that lists a bunch of product.

Can anyone help?

Kind regards,

Ben

1 answer

0 votes
Robert Hermsen August 1, 2023

Hi @Ben,

I had the same problem and wanted to use asset fields to be able to translate content. I also came across exactly the same issue here. Atlassian itself writes in the doc ->

• Any user - even those not licensed for Jira Service Management or other Atlassian products - is given a temporary "user" role when a custom asset object field is added to a request type that end users can access in a portal. This allows them to view the asset object fields and their values.

In my support ticket, I was made aware of a feature request (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDCLOUD-10006). The workaround is:

• Create a custom field for a pick list and add all the objects as data.
  • Then create an automation to update the custom field of the Insight object according to the value of the custom field.

Maybe this can solve your use case.

Best regards
Robert

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events