Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set up auto assign for specific users by name?

Jeffrey Rowland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2024

I am looking to assign newly created issues to specific people in the team based on issue type, I have the rest of the rule working but am not sure how to format the "Then" portion to pick out specific people rather than initiator or the basic assignee options. 

Screenshot_7-6-2024_101213_greenlightbio.atlassian.net.jpeg

1 answer

0 votes
Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2024

Hi @Jeffrey Rowland 

In "Select a user" field if you start typing the user name they should appear & you can set the user as assignee.

Jeffrey Rowland
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 7, 2024

Nothing is coming up as I do that, and if I try to just input just a name the rule does not work

Vishal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 10, 2024

Hi @Jeffrey Rowland 

How about rather than using assign issue, use edit issue action item & then edit assignee field ? Try if this works.

If not you may want to check, how the users appear in your jira & use same naming convention to find them.

Hope it works.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events