Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can i add more than 100 users ina project?

Noeli Fusco November 25, 2022

Hi! i need to add more than 100 users to one JiraService Management Project i administrate. I need to know if thre´s a way to do it faster than one by one.

Thank you!

2 answers

2 votes
Valerie Knapp
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 25, 2022

Hi @Noeli Fusco , thanks for your question.

If you are an org admin, you could create a group, add all of the people you want to add to the group and then give the group permission to the project.

image.pngimage.png

Otherwise, in the project, you can add them to a project role all at the same time that gives them the right permission, instead of adding them one by one -

image.png

I hope this helps.

Noeli Fusco November 28, 2022

Hello @Valerie Knapp

Thanks for your answer!  i thought about doing it that way, by creating a group, but anyway when creating the group I have to add user by user and it's still just as tedious, it's what I want to avoid, being able to do it by importing a user file or similar.

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 26, 2022

@Noeli Fusco -

Hi Maria:

Quick question - Are those 100 users your customers for the JSM project or they are for something else?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Hi @Joseph Chung Yin  exactly, this 100 would be just users at the Project.

Best, Noelí Fusco

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

@Noeli Fusco -

Users at the project - Are they accessing the project only via the portal UI.  If so, then they are customers.

Please advise.

Best, Joseph

Im sorry, yes! they are customers.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 28, 2022

One more question, are only those customers are allowed to access this specific JSM project?

If so, you best option is to create an internal user group and add those customers into it.  At the same time, add the internal group to your JSM project's "Service Desk Customer" project role.

In addition, you can also lock down who (customers) can access your JSM project via the portal by changing your project's customer permissions: Project settings >> Customer permissions

2022-11-28_9-31-11.png

You can develop custom REST API process to bulk add users into a group (https://developer.atlassian.com/cloud/jira/platform/rest/v3/api-group-groups/#api-rest-api-3-group-user-post), however it would be the easiest to manually add them to your internal group.  You last option will be using third party add-on to facilitates the bulk add programmatically.

If my suggestion helped you, please click on Accept answer when you have a chance.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Like Noeli Fusco likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events