• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

How can I add a status that pauses the SLA?

I'd like to add a status like On Hold or In Progress that pauses the SLA.  For example, sometimes we have to research an issue with an outside vendor, and we would break our SLA every time if the SLA continue to count while we are waiting to hear back.

Can I specify different SLAs for different statuses, or even whether to run the timer on different statuses?

2 answers

1 accepted

Yes, you can do it. Once you add the status, you can set up to pause the clock when the issue enters that status.

See "Pause on": https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/SERVICEDESK/SLAs#SLAs-AlookathowanSLAisconstructed

Thanks -- somehow I completely missed that SLA Edit page. I was looking to edit the Workflow and also to edit the SLA from under System Administration. Thank you.

Hey there! Do you know if the SLA "pause" is an actual pause for the status you set? For example in this case, once the issue is no longer On Hold ideally it would restart the SLA, but it doesn't seem to do that. I have several issues that are In Progress, after being On Hold, and the SLA doesn't restart. 

I appreciate your time!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

Why upgrade to Jira Service Management Premium?

We often have questions from folks using Jira Service Management about the benefits to using Premium. Check out this video to learn how you can unlock even more value in our Premium plan.  &nb...

189 views 1 6
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you