Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error "We couldn't create your project" on free-tier onboarding

Matt Kohner April 12, 2021

I signed up for the free tier of Jira Service Management and I'm getting the error "We couldn't create your project, Something went wrong, please try again later"

https://<redacted>.atlassian.net/secure/WelcomeToSD.jspa?decorator=jsd-onboarding

Screen Shot 2021-04-12 at 4.32.04 PM.png

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Matt Kohner ,

Good day. Welcome to the Atlassian community.

Can you confirm if the user account that you are trying to log in to create project has a Jira Service Management license and is an administrator?

-Sri 

Matt Kohner April 13, 2021

It just looks like the onboarding page is broken somehow.

I was able to create a project in JSM by going to https://<redacted>.atlassian.net/secure/BrowseProjects.jspa and clicking "Create Project"

Like # people like this
Sri Kumar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 13, 2021

Hi @Matt Kohner ,

Thanks for the update. Glad that you were able to self resolve the issue.

Have a good day. 

-Sri

1 vote
Answer accepted
Earl McCutcheon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 13, 2021

Hello @Matt Kohner ,

Thanks for the updates and I am glad to hear that you were able to bypass the error by using the post-start-up dialogue for project creation.

I was doing a bit of digging and looking into this error on the back end of your system too.  I found an error that may be a new bug that was blocking you from creating the project in the initial project creation dialogue, and our dev team is looking into this further to verify what caused this and get a permanent fix in place.

Just as a reference point in case anyone else runs into this issue, the initial startup project creation dialogue was not mapping the Project key correctly, and on the backend, and we can see the following error in the logging:

message: [Limited to 100 per PT1M] Error: Could not find project with key undefined

If you find this thread and are encountering the same error front end error message on a new instance or recently activated product please create a support request at https://support.atlassian.com so we can verify.  But as noted in the previous comment the workaround is to dismiss the initial project creation dialogue during product activation and navigate to the default project creation page and you will no longer experience the error. 

So, as long as you are past the initial project creation screen during the first startup you should be all set at this point, and no additional action is needed on your end. However, if you see any more errors relating to project creation in the next few days please reply to this thread and I will take a look to make sure there are no persisting issues.

Regards,
Earl

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events