Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarding emails: define forwarded sender as issue reporter for tickets

Andreas Janssen March 14, 2018

I have one big problem:

I irregularly receive emails meant for my jira service desk in general email inboxes. I need to foward these emails to the email channel of my jira service desk. The forwarded sender needs to be the issue reporter. In freshdesk this is easily possible. Ho do I achieve this in jira? 

Example:

(a) client@clientmail.com sends an email-request to person@mycompany.com

(b) person@mycompany.com forwards the email-request to support@mycompany.com

(c) jira creates a ticket with the author "client@clientmail.com"

Any suggestions how this can be achieved?

Thanks for any help!!

1 answer

0 votes
Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

The low-tech, quick and dirty way we handle these in our company has been that when I receive emails to my personal box (try as we may to get them submitting to the help desk), I forward to the help desk, CC the user, and the help techs switcheroo to the correct reporter. 

However, I can see the possibility of fiddling with the Comment parameters through the email settings and finding a way to redact your personal comments and assign the 'correct' requestor. This is likely to be messy and time-consuming. 

I'll do some looking around and see if anyone else has resolved elsewhere. 

Meg Holbrook
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2018

@Andreas Janssen, I wasn't able to find any other workarounds for this issue. 

Hugh Macken October 3, 2020

This is important for us. Does Atlassian have any plans to make this easier?

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events