Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forms in Create issue dialog

Vilmos Varszegi February 16, 2024

Hello Community,

I would like to integrate a form directly when creating an issue.
Since it is only "internal" therefore the topic "Portal" is not relevant.
I have linked the form to the corresponding request type in the settings.
However, this is not displayed.
Do you have any ideas?
Attached is a picture (the first picture) where it seems to be correctly integrated (this was done by our Jira Admin who is unfortunately no longer with the company).
I am admin and have compared both request types but cannot find any difference.

This is my workaround which is quite long-winded: https://www.loom.com/share/66734f26537c409ca69e60e1e0bdd45d?sid=0e515bb7-cb48-449d-a667-42fc71ecedc1

Create Requests incl.Form.pngSettings Form.pngCreate Requests 1.png

1 answer

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 16, 2024

The Form cannot be displayed when you use the Create button to create your request. You can only see the Form from the portal or via the shareable link if that is enabled. the only workaround would be to first create the request, and then add the form to the request afterwards if you use the Create button.

Vilmos Varszegi February 17, 2024

Hi Mikael, thank you for your detailed explanation.
But how is it possible that the request type "Onboarding new employee" displays the form directly in create mode?
See screenshots
form.pngform_in_create.pngCreate Requests Screen1.png

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 19, 2024

It is not displaying the Form, what you are seeing in the "Onboarding new employee" is the actual request form, and my guess is that the fields on the Form is linked to Jira fields so if someone fills out the request from the portal all the fields are filled out in the request form. There is a difference between request form and Forms, Forms can only be used via the portal or the generic link to it that you can find if you go to settings for the form. Request form is available via the Create button and the portal. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events