Filter issue scope based on custom fields selected in issue

Thomas May 27, 2022

I am having issues with Jira loading all the objects attached to a custom field while creating a ticket. To try and resolve this I want to narrow the search results based on selections the user makes earlier in the ticket.  For example, a site has multiple buildings and I would like to show objects within the building selected in a custom field called "Building". 

1 answer

0 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

@Thomas -

Welcome to the community.  Can you provide more information on your ask?

It seems you are asking in your example that you have a field named "Building" and you want to control the display of other fields based on the building selection when customer creating an issue from the portal?

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thomas May 27, 2022

Hello @Joseph Chung Yin ,

In my ticket there are multiple custom fields that reference insight object such as "Building", "Rack", "Row", "PDU". Each one has an Increasing number of objects i.e. 8 Buildings, then ~200 rows, then ~1500 PDUs. Currently we are unable to search in the custom field for the exact objects, and it is tedious to have to scroll through 1500 objects to select one that is in a later building. I would like to refine the fields based on ones the selections made in the previous fields such as only showing the PDUs from Building 8 if building 8 was selected in the ticket. I have been trying to use Filter scope (IQL) to accomplish this. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events