Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display of status and issue types from another board in Customer Portal

Nabiyu Melesse April 13, 2023

Hey there.

We have the following problem with JIRA Service Management.

Originally we have had one service project. This board has a corresponding customer portal, which is not used by customers as they send their requests via e-mail.

Now we made a new service project, which again has a customer portal which shall by used by the real customers. The old one is still in use.

In the new customer portal the status of both service projects are shown. The same goes for the request type. How is this possible?

Ideally I would want it to display only Open and Closed Requests and only display the status name in the list below. And of course the new board should only display the status and requests of the particular service project and not all.

Thank you!

Screenshot 2023-04-13 115555.png

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2023

Hi @Nabiyu Melesse a, welcome to the Community.

This is a known issue without any workaround AFAIK. Here are a couple of open suggestions.

JSDCLOUD-12486 All workflow status are visible customer on portal to filter the request 

JSDCLOUD-10325 Ability to see all requests per project on the Customer Portal 

Nabiyu Melesse April 13, 2023

@Jack Brickey Thanks for the reply. I heard this before but I could not believe it. 

Some of our software partners have JIRA service desks which do only display 2 status in the filter (open and closed) which is IMHO more convenient for the customer. I wonder how they do it.

There is also the possibility of changing how status names are displayed to the customer. However this changes them not only in the filter but also in the list view which is annoying. 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events