Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting Issue from Backlog (MCBF-9)

Eric Lammers November 13, 2017

I'm attempting to delete an issue from a backlog and receiving the following error. 

It seems that you have tried to perform an operation which you are not permitted to perform.

If you think this message is wrong, please contact your Jira administrators.

I'm assuming this is a privileges issue?

Thanks!
Eric

3 answers

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

As @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- is alluding to, the devil is in the details.

• If you truly want to delete an issue, removing if from the project never to be seen again then you need permissions to do so as you mentioned.
  • If you just don't want it on my backlog/board, they you could use something like a label "HideOnBoard" and then change the filter to exclude issues w/ that label.
  • If you want to have the ability to hide it temporarily then you could create a quick filter for the label mentioned in bullet 2.

FWIW, I'm not a big fan of deleting issues. I simply close as won't do or something.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 13, 2017

In response to right-clicking comment. Yep that will delete the issue completely. That is my bullet 1. If that is your goal then you (or the admin) needs to provide you with permissions to delete issues for the project.

Delete_Issue__TEST-1_-_JIRA.png

Thanks! This is definitely a permissions issue then as I will need the ability to remove an item when appropriate. Thanks for your quick responses!

0 votes

I'm right clicking > Delete from the Backlog board. 

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 13, 2017

What exactly are you doing when you say "delete an issue from a backlog"?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events