cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database Custom Field and Service Desk

RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 21, 2014

Hi

I'm using Database Custom Field (Kepler) plugin and it works just fine when I open ticket from JIRA. I added a Single Selection List custom field and I can see all the values retrieved from database so I can select one of them when opening a ticket in JIRA.

However when I add the same field to Service Desk request it does not behave like Selection List and I don't see any of the values. Instead I just see Single Line input field. So whatever customer types in this field stays there when ticket is created from Service Desk. Only by opening this ticket later in JIRA I can edit it and select one of the values from DB for this field.

Is that Service Desk or Kepler plugin issue. Anybody knows solution for that ?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
RVal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 25, 2014

Kepler released a new version of Database Custom Field plugin today.

It has limited Service Desk support. In my case it fixed issue with Selection List DB custom field used in Service Desk request. But when I added child field for that DB custom field the value selected from the list was not copied to the child custom field at SD request creation.

Arianna Fabbri March 26, 2015

Hi @RVal, have you been able to use DB custom field on SD customer portal?? What we have experienced is that on SD customer portal only Jira users can view DB custom field correctly (with the DB selected values). All customers (that are not Jira users and do not consume a Jira license) cannot see them, they see them as free text input fields, with no DB values!!! Thank you in advance for your answer Regards Arianna Fabbri

Like Юрий Минович likes this
1 vote
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
November 21, 2014

I would ask Kepler first and let them work with Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events