Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customize mail to customer

Rafael Fernandez November 13, 2014

I have a problem using Service Desk.

I want to customize the mail that Service Desk sends to the customer when send us a mail with a new issue.

JIRA sends two emails:

• one to me (i'm the person in charge of this project)
  • one to the customer

The first is ok and if i modify the right .vm file i can see the changes, but not in the mail to the customer.

I'll try to modify all the .vm files that i think are related but it doesn't works.

This is an example of the email to the customer (in this one i'll try to change the footer, the part that says:"este mensaje es generado...").

Captura de pantalla 2014-11-13 a las 21.27.49.png

And this is an example of the email to me (in this one i change the footer).

Captura de pantalla 2014-11-13 a las 21.28.15.png

1 answer

1 vote
Ubisoft November 13, 2014

Hello Rafael, 

Unfortunately this isn't possible currently under Service Desk.  You can probably watch and vote on the request here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSD-218

Eric

Ubisoft November 13, 2014

That being said, it would be possible to entirely deactivate the service desk e-mails and use the standard ones instead. If you're comfortable with the templates it SHOULD be possible to put some if closures in there that will change the contents of the e-mail based on the recipient. That or you could use a mail handler plugin (like JEMH) that will give you a lot more flexibility.

Rafael Fernandez November 13, 2014

But the standard emails is send to internal user and not to customers.

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 14, 2014

Yes, but it would be possible for you to configure your notification scheme to send the e-mails to the customers as well, and have those sent instead of the service desk e-mails.

Rafael Fernandez November 14, 2014

Thanks!. If you have any doc or guide about this configuration, please send me the attachment or url.

Rafael Fernandez November 16, 2014

Please, if you can tell me something about docs... Regards

Ubisoft
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 17, 2014

There are some very fundamental docs on doing changes in the templates by atlassian here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+Email+Content. There is otherwise not much documentation on the subject as this kind of modification isn't supported by Atlassian.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events