Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer notifications - to an added organization

Rob McMurtry November 14, 2017

I looked here: https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/managing-service-desk-notifications-732528936.html

and it appears I should be able to do this no problem. The client has provided two lists of customers.

• List A is a sub-set of List B.
  • List A members receive notifications on any issues created/resolved.
  • List B members receive notifications for their own issues.

I created two organizations, call them List A & List B. In the Customer Notifications you can edit a notification and there's a To: field.

The only values I can get in there are Customers Involved and Reporter (Customer). 

What I want to see is List A.

To.jpg

From help link above. No difference if I create a custom notification.

Organization.jpg

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Hi Rob,

We had a similar question a few months ago:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Desk-questions/Customer-Organization-default-notification/qaq-p/629773

I don't think it's quite possible to what you are trying to do.  The "Added Organizations" if turned on will notify everyone in the Organization that is shared with the request when it is created.  After that it would be up to individuals to opt in on further notifications.

Customers involved is a bit of a misnomer as it really only applies to the individuals (not the orgs) who are shared with the issue and only if they haven't opted out of notifications  AND anyone who has opted in for notifications (but not necessarily on the shared list).

I know that people hack this a bit by putting in a user with a group email and somehow make them auto shared into each issue.  But that's not exactly what you are looking for either.

Here's the request for it:

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4570

Please vote....

Susan

Thanks Susan, voted!

I think the customer's org will opt-out of notifications as they begin getting spammed by things-they-don't-care-about.

I'd be fine with "Added organizations" working as you describe above. Is there a way to make that happen?

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 14, 2017

Hi Rob,

Just enable "Added organizations" in the customer notifications.  There's not much else to do with it.

If you're happy please mark this as answered

Susan

I cannot see where to enable that option. If I go to customer notifications...

a.jpg

Then edit there's no "Added Organizations" option. If I go to the notification schemes I can add the Project Role of service desk customers...

• Project Role (Service Desk Customers) (Delete)

If you can point me to where I can enable "added organizations" that would be awesome. Seems a bit cleaner!

b.jpg

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
November 14, 2017

So you can't add the "Added organizations" as a "To".  You can only enable them in the list of Customer notifications where it says "Added Organizations"

Hope that helps...it's not very intuitive.

Gotcha, thanks for the help. Agreed it's not very intuitive...lots of hunting around for what seems to be a simple use case.

0 votes
Stephen Hayden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 18, 2018

Any chance you found any additional workarounds?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events