Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom field options in the pick list are limited to a number, WORK AROUND?

BASTIEN DELOURMEL May 18, 2023

Good morning, 

I created a custom field single select list. However, my options are too long (too much charcacter) and we can't see the entire options. 

Custom field length.png

I found this issue already created https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-7032, but maybe someone has a workaround?  :) 

Thanks a lot,

Regards

1 answer

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 18, 2023

Hi @BASTIEN DELOURMEL,

As noticed in the issue referred to, there is no real workaround. The simplest way to fix this, is make your descriptions shorter, so they won't be truncated.

As your question seems to be about the JSM portal, you could use the description field in the request form to provide additional details about the (shorter) name of your options. That is not an uncommon practice also used for e.g. explaining impact/urgency fields, where you can select e.g. high / medium / low and the description right next to the field explains in full details what that means.

If that is feasible workaround does obviously depend on the number of options in your list.

Hope this helps!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events