Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current user is not active, user doesn't exist in JIRA anymore

Deleted user June 11, 2020

Hello,

Using the instance of Jira Service Desk without login. This means each user needs to add their email address to the ticket.

Many users are receiving this error: Current user is not active

It appears they are in the list of Jira users, but they have no site access. No access to any JIRA product. I remove their names from the user list and any references in Groups.

Still they receive the error. Help please! 

Ps. I cannot enable forced login, our IT was no help and our users aren't receiving the email confirmation to confirm their account. Thus, we had to shut off login.

2 answers

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 24, 2020

Hello @suzanneabate,

Thank you for getting in touch with Community!

When the message "Current user is not active" appears it means that they do have an account on the site already, but they are deactivated.

As a site administrator, please go to Cog Icon > User management and check on both Users and Jira Service Desk if their account is there. 

Make sure to change the filter to show all users and customers.

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.02.31.png

Screen Shot 2020-08-24 at 11.05.27.png

If you don't find them, if you don't mind, you can let me know their full name so I can check here if they show as inactive, otherwise, you can create a ticket with our support on support.atlassian.com/contact so they can access the database your site and the database to see what happened.

Regards,
Angélica

suzanneabate August 24, 2020

I tried that already and the issue is that the user isn't appearing anywhere that I can see. The user is [removed] and this is re [removed]

Deleted user August 24, 2020

If done correctly when removing the user, it will still take 24 hours for the user to be removed.

suzanneabate August 24, 2020

@[deleted] thanks but the user in question has been deleted for a long time. I cannot verify whether it was done "correctly" because I was not an admin at the time.

Deleted user August 24, 2020

Hi :)

I've had to add the user back into the system myself to make sure that I then removed them correctly.

I suggest you do that same. Add them back in, and then delete them.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2020

I can confirm that the user is not internal because it doesn't show here that it's inactive, so the place to find the account would be User management > Jira Service Desk.

If you filtered to show all customers and cmarshall is still not visible for you to delete or reactivate, then I would suggest you contact our support on support.atlassian.com/contact, so they will be able to access the database in order to see what happened. 

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 12, 2020

Hello Jessica,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

The error "Current user is not active" means that they already have an account on the site, but their account is inactive.

Please, go to User management > Jira Service Desk to confirm if those accounts are active on the site. If not, please activate them so they will be able to create new tickets.

If they were added as internal users, check on User management > Users. You can give them access, but remove the default groups, so they won't count as a license.

Regards,
Angélica

suzanneabate August 23, 2020

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem. We have our Service Desk Portal configured so that users must provide their email address with all request types (unless they have Jira / Service Desk accounts and can therefore login prior to submitting a request).

One user is receiving the "current user is not active" error message when providing their email address on all request forms (from a non-logged in state). I've checked both paths outlined in the response above and that user email is not listed anywhere although I do know that at one time they were a user in Confluence. How can I resolve this so that that user can submit request forms using their primary email address?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events