Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy custom field value to another custom field in Automation

Merve Sena Yalçın December 7, 2022

I have one custom field that I need to copy the value of to another custom field. One field text, one field numeric.

Copy From: Task rank (customfield_10151)

Copy To: Task rank0 (customfield_10152)

Can you help me please?

1 answer

0 votes
Seifallah Bellassoued
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

Hello @Merve Sena Yalçın

Welcome to the community !

To do this you can create a new automation like that:

Image 12.png

You need just to identify the trigger (when you want to update the custom Field).

Best Regards,

Seif,

Hi,

This is written in the other field when we enter a new value. Currently, there are values in the task rank. I want to move these values to task rank0. but I don't want the values to be deleted from the task rank.

Seifallah Bellassoued
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2022

With this automation, the task rank will keep its value and the value will be copied into  task rank0.

When I enter a new value in the task rank, it copies it to the taskrank0 field. But it does not copy the values that were previously in task rank into task rank0.

Seifallah Bellassoued
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 7, 2022
  1. You can update any other field (you can add only a space to the description for example) to copy the value
  2. It seems like you want to copy the old value of  task rank to  task rank0 if  task rank has been changed. Is this True?

For example, right now 9 is written in the task rank field of the ESM-1 key task. I want to copy this to the task rank0 field.

When I enter a new value in task rank in the automation you wrote, it copies it to the task rank0 field. but I will not enter a new value.

There are already values in the task rank field. it copies when I make a change in this field. but I am not making any changes. I want to copy the existing value. 

image.png

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events