Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Convert service request to task in another project

avi.sheleg May 24, 2021

Hi,

I have a service request that was opened through email and I would like to create a task from that service request on a JIRA software project but I would like to leave the service request open to update the user through it.

What would be the best way to do so?

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

It sounds like an automation rule would be right up your alley.

Based on "Issue created" trigger,

your action would then be to create another issue, but with a different target project. You could then copy the summary, description and any relevant custom fields across, copied from the same source issue.

Linking them would allow you to track the two issues together at a glance.

avi.sheleg May 24, 2021

it's a bit more complicated since not every issue created is required to be turned into a task.

can I have an automation that would clone it as a task to a different project based on a different action?

avi.sheleg May 24, 2021

I managed to do that using the Automation :-)

What I did is, when someone adding a label called task it is automatically creating a task on the other project and also link both of them.

Thank you very much!

JimmyVanAU
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 24, 2021

Haha that was fast - yes you can clone the issue, and also add filters if not every issue is to be a task. Labelling is a great way to trigger the creation if you can't systematically determine it.

If this helped you, please accept the answer :)

Cheers, Jimmy

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events