Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure different themes for each Service Desk portal

Allan Ross July 23, 2019

Running Jira Service Desk 4.1.0. There are 2 Service Desk projects configured; one supporting our published software products, one for internal help desk support. Since internal users can access both, the goal is to have markedly different themes for the two so that it is always clear which portal one is working in.

From what I can see, I can customize the theme for the overall help center, but it looks like I can't alter fonts or colour schemes but am limited to changing the logo on each service desk. Without purchasing and installing additional add-ons from the Marketplace, is there a simple way to manage this from within the Jira product or am I going server level to manage custom CSS files for each portal?

1 answer

0 votes
Krzysztof Daukszewicz [CoreSoft Labs]
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
July 26, 2019

Without any digging in CSS files, you can only alter logo and color scheme. So if you want to perform some deep modifications (e.g. fonts), you need to go after the CSS files.

By the way, if you'll be looking for a tool to help with managing information about downtimes/outages/new versions etc. in Service Desk, have a look at our Announcement Feeds here - https://bit.ly/2Sl93MV

Allan Ross July 26, 2019

I agree on the ability to change the logo but I don't see the option for changing the colour scheme. Fact is, that's exactly what I had hoped to do. Make the internal help desk red and the client help desk blue, for example. It serves no practical purpose to change colour scheme at the help centre level because it still leaves no visible distinction between the service desks.

Baru Lopez November 1, 2020

@Allan Ross Did you ever find a solution to this?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events