cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change status name in a workflow

Tim Arthur
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

re: How to rename status in issue? (customer side) (atlassian.com), this does not seem to work for me. I was able to change the status name from A to B, but A is still displayed in my list of transitions. It is used often, so my only other recourse to delete the transition and re-add. That's not a big deal BUT "A" is mentioned on most of my other status values.  I have transitions ordered in a certain way for each status and I'd need to wipe out all transitions up until status A, and then add them back....unless someone can share how otherwise to change the ordering of transitions.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

@Tim Arthur -

If you just want to change an existing WF status name (not the transition name), then you just need to Settings >> Issues >> Statuses.

https://<your instance>.atlassian.net/secure/admin/ViewStatuses.jspa

Once the status is changed, then all WFs use the status in question will automatically be updated.  I am sure you already know that Status name is completely different than the Transition name.

Hope this helps if I understand your ask correctly.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Tim Arthur
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2023

Correct, they are two different things.

Change made.

For those reading this in the future, at least in our case, I needed to wait a few minutes for the cloud change to take effect.

I then went to each transition, edit, and change the descriptor to harmonize with the revised name status name.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events