Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete custom description field

Tiago Nogueira September 5, 2022

I'm trying to delete a custom field on a task and keep getting the message "Couldn't save your changes. Sorry, something went wrong and we couldn’t update your “Task” issue type."

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Tiago Nogueira September 7, 2022

solved this problem by changing the project key. 

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 6, 2022

Hello @Tiago Nogueira

Thank you for reaching out.

Per your description, I understand that you are not being able to remove custom fields from your task issue type in your project. Is that correct?

Please, provide us with the following information to further troubleshoot:

1. Can you confirm if more details of the error are provided in the Browser Devtools?
  2. Is the problem happening for any other issue types in the same project or in another one?
  3. Are you using a team-managed or a company-managed project? You can check this information by going into the project and checking the description at the bottom-left of the page:
    Screen Shot 2022-09-06 at 5.55.07 PM.png
  4. It's possible you are facing a variation of this bug. Can you confirm if the workaround steps described on that bug work?

Thanks!

Tiago Nogueira September 6, 2022

Hello Peter,

1 - more details: I'm getting this error jira-spa.b7ca95ba3f9227894e2f.8.js:78 PUT https://discoveryparks.atlassian.net/rest/internal/simplified/1.0/projects/10122/issuetypes/10390 409

2 - I don't know.

3 - team-managed project. 

4 - It doesn't work. 

Tiago Nogueira September 7, 2022

FYI I solved this problem by changing the project key. 

Like Petter Gonçalves likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events