Can jira software projects integrate with Confluence articles?

Andre Larsen November 18, 2021

I'm in the process of integrating our Engineering team's projects with our Confluence knowledge base but am at an impasse. 

I'm unable to follow the tutorials online and can't find the "knowledge base" option in the projects. 

The Engineering Team's projects are currently "Team-managed software" and not designated as the type "Service management." 

Does that make a difference in the options available to me to integrate the two applications? 

At this time, the only steps to integrate both apps have been

• adding the Jira project's "Project pages" for the appropriate Confluence space
  • used the appropriate macros on the Confluence space and added labels

My final step is to add the KB articles to the issue requests but I'm not seeing that option anywhere and have read countless articles and watched multiple videos. 

I'm at a loss. Any guidance is much appreciated. 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 18, 2021

The "knowledge base" functions for Jira linking to Confluence spaces only exist for Service Management projects.

There's nothing to stop you "connecting" a Jira page to a Confluence Space, it's one of the most common uses of the "project url" field that projects can have.  And there's nothing to stop your Confluence space(s) using the Jira's project pages, macros, labels and so-on.

Jira Software doesn't have customers, or their requests, to which a Knowledge base would be of use, but I think the question is what you would expect from a link to Confluence for your Jira Software (or Work Management) users?

Andre Larsen November 18, 2021

Thank you, Nic. This helps.

I was hoping we could include the KB article suggestion for anyone in the issue submission process. Our team has bugs that have known circumventions that we'd like to showcase when someone is trying to submit something that's already been reported. 

This answer is exactly what seemed to be the issue of the Knowledge Base not displaying. Thanks for helping! 

0 votes
Dominik Březina March 10, 2023

Hello @Andre Larsen

we just encountered same case in our instance Jira. We would like to use Confluence for Software Projects to avoid duplicates if possible. Do you use Confluence for that or you went a different route?

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- It is nice I can connect Jira page to Confluence page but how that helps teams to quicly evaluate if problems were already reported or not :/

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 11, 2023

As I said a couple of years back - use it as a knowledge base.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events