Bulk Operation - Not allowing me to change from a "Story" to a "Sub-Task"

Amanda Wiram June 15, 2022

When I go through the steps to change the "Story" to a "Sub-Task" it gives me this error when I click in the "Select Parent Issue" field (just when I click in it, I don't even get a chance to enter anything)- 

"The Jira server was contacted but has returned an error response. We are unsure of the result of this operation."

It has been doing this for over a week. Is there a bug or am I doing something wrong? 

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 17, 2022

Hi Amanda,

Sorry to hear about this problem.  I understand that you are trying to bulk move issues from a Task to a subtask, but are not able to select a parent issue.  I have not been able to recreate this issue.

At this point I think it would be best to create a support case so we can investigate this further. However your account cannot create this by yourself.  If you can reach out to one of your site-admins, they can create a support case for this over on https://support.atlassian.com/contact

From there, I expect we would want to generate a HAR file of when this happens.  This can help us to understand if there is a problem with the browser session.  But also the support case can allow us to investigate further if the problem is with your Jira Cloud site environment.  If you have any problems getting your site-admin to create this support request, please let me know and we can try to create this for you, but I prefer the site-admin to create this request directly as we might need their consent to data access to be able to investigate this further.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events