Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulk Announcements to different Service Desks

Thomas Gottmann May 17, 2021

Hello,

im wondering if its possible to have a bulk announcement a bigger amount of boards and not to do it to each single manual.

We have 20+ boards and it will get even more - and we would like to automate this feature to be able to broadcast an announcement over different Service Desks.

thanks 

T

2 answers

0 votes
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 20, 2021

Hello,

You can use our app Feature Bundle for Jira Service Management. One of the features include the possibility to set a customized banner. In your case, you can select on which customer portals the banner will be presented. It's a simple multi-select list. You can read about it more in our documentation.

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 18, 2021

Hello Thomas,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On Jira Service Management, it’s possible to add an announcement on the Help Center that it’s the main page and also an Announcement for each Portal (project).

With this said, I would like to know more details about what you would like to do because you also mentioned Boards that it’s a feature from Jira Software and not Service Management.

If possible, share with us where you would like to add announcements, so we can make sure to share with you the correct information for the correct product.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Thomas Gottmann May 19, 2021

Hello Angelica, 

thank you for clarification. To give you a bit more an idea on the use case. 

We have currently like 20 different portals. Lets call them Portal 1-20 

Currently to make an announcement for Portal 1, we have to do it in portal 1 - this goes for each of the 20 - so this is manual repetitive job. 

Is there a possibility to have one announcement that goes to Portal 1-20? So we do not have to do it for the other 19 manually? 

I hope this makes it more clear,

Best regards,

Thomas

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
May 19, 2021

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for the details.

The portal announcement must be added to each project, it’s not possible to bulk change all announcements or use automation to perform such action. 

There are some feature requests suggesting improvements for that:

Please, click on vote and also watch the tickets above to receive updates.

Thomas Gottmann May 20, 2021

Hello Angelica,

thank you for this answer. Thats a pity but than i know.

Maybe another question or idea - is it possible to use scripting in the announcement field to "retrieve" external content like text? A basic i-frame or something with some text?  Could not find anything on this 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
May 21, 2021

Hi Thomas,

I’m not sure if it’s possible, but there are some add-ons that might help. There are three available options on our marketplace:

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events