Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automotation rule for not customer

Claudio Ferraz de Toledo November 30, 2021

Hi there. Iam a new Jira user/admin. I creat a service desk Project using Jira Software. But a can't create a automotation rule. I try create something like: when a new ticket as open, using e-mail for that, but  de same not a client domain I Just exclude ir. 

Somebody help me ? Tks

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 30, 2021

Hi @Claudio Ferraz de Toledo , welcome to the community. I’m not quite sure I’m following exactly what you’re running into here but it seems that you were having an issue with setting up an automation rule. So that I might be able to better assist could you please try to explain your goal and also if you have the automation rules set up please add a screenshot here.

Claudio Ferraz de Toledo December 1, 2021

Automation - rules 1.pngAutomation - rules 2.png

Any rule dosen´t works :(

I know that we activate the option of anyone sending the call, but we want to make a rule that if the call is by email (request) and this email is not from an authorized domain it deletes the request and still send a message to those who opened it saying that it is not our client.

it seems that either I do not understand the flow of JQL or that we are limited to OPEN permission for everyone who send email or simply just the adms would have to give that permission. It is precisely this automation that I want, that ALL authorized DOMAINS can send requests and those who are not from the authorized domain have the ticket deleted with notice that it is not our client. can you give me an idea how to solve this ?

it seems that we are limited to opening issue. Or we entitle anyone to create by email. Or there has to be human adm interaction to add each of our users. That's what I want to automate. I think I'm making some mistake or not understanding concepts, because none of the rules I create to try to treat it work. I've been making the rules for days, it's a little frustrating.

But sometimes, we are so steeped in trouble that we see only a single point and not the whole.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2021

What does the automation rule log show? Where does the triggered event exit the rule?

jack, hi.

first of all... thanks a lot for you waste time with me. I realy lost

Condition A - 1.item opened by email. 2. JIRA verifies that the e-mail does not belong to approved DOMAINS; 3. JIRA deletes item (and sends email to those who opened denying) CONDITION B - anything other than A the flow is normal.

would you please suggest how should the rule be?

LOG: no action taken

for the tests, I created a free email out of authorized domains. And I still get the issue opening.

Hi, i was able to make it work now

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events