Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation - Create issue and link to previously created issues by automation

Wim Muyllaert January 20, 2023

Hi,

I'm looking for the same functionality that server had when creating a recurrent issue.
There you had the option below:

Link new issue with previously created one
Link also with all previously created issues by this Scheduled Issue

I'm now using an automation to create an issue at certain times but I can't seem to link the created issue to the previously created issues that were created by the automation.

Can anybody point me in the right direction?

3 answers

0 votes
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2023

Hi @Wim Muyllaert 

Can I clarify the logic here?

• You are creating Issues using Automation
  • Each time, it should link to all other Issues previously created by the same Automation Rule

Is this correct? If yes, a few questions...

• What link type should this be using?
  • Does the Project have just Issues created using this Rule, or other Issues also?
  • Is there a unique identifier on all of these Issues which can be referenced?

Your Server's version of these Rules would have been using a UID to find them somehow - there's no additional unique Action I know of to link back to previously created Issues from the same rule.

Ste

0 votes
Ashley Hudson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2023

Heya @Wim Muyllaert ,

So I'd suggest to ensure the two automations are running at diffrent events? So essentially you have one automation that uses the trigger when the ticket is created and then have the other automation run on another workflow event or when it's commented (or something along those lines) to then use the "branch rule" for linked issues and ensure that you are defining the link type to be something specific so it can only read those links (such as "is cloned by") and restrict the rule to projects. Then you can run an advanced compare condition to filter on the smart value! 

I think this should be a reasonable solution! Let me know how you get along and if you have any questions let me know :)

Kind Regards,

Ashley Hudson

0 votes
Wim Muyllaert January 20, 2023

I have tried it with this smart value but I guess this gets the created issues that are created during the run of the automation, not the issues that were created in a previous run.

Capture2.PNG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events