Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-populate Approvers from Azure AD

admin-nwalter May 16, 2022

Hello everyone,

Does anyone happen to know of a way or method on how to auto-populate the "Approvers" field in Jira and it gets the data from Azure AD, without the use of paid add-ons?

I am looking for a way to make it so that a ticket that requires approval, automatically sends an mail to the approver/manager, without us having to enter it in manually, because it pulls the data from Azure AD. It should be scalable, as we often have to deal with employees being promoted, leaving the company or changing teams, which involves changing the manager majority of the time.

Again, this without the use of a paid add-on. 

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 16, 2022

@admin-nwalter -

Based on what I know of so far, if one needs to pull user information from its own IDP (i.e. Azure AD) in the cloud env, you will need Atlassian Access.  It is separate subscription fee based per user license add-on from Atlassian.

Here are the details - https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-atlassian-access/

I am not aware of anything else without additional add-on that can achieve what you wanted.  Especially without hard-coding the approvers into your approver process (i.e. being able to pull from Azure AD).

Lastly, you can always confirm it with Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com)

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

admin-nwalter May 17, 2022

We do have Atlassian Access, but that route probably leads into setting up automatic provisioning. I will look into that.

Thank you for your response. 

0 votes
Ed Letifov _TechTime - New Zealand_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 16, 2022

Hello, @admin-nwalter 

Don't waste your time with Atlassian Support – it's not possible without an additional app neither on Cloud, nor Server, nor Data Center

admin-nwalter May 17, 2022

That's a shame, but thank you for your answer.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events