Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Atlassian administration - how to delete organizations?

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

We're Server customers who are putting a toe in the water to explore JSM and Confluence Cloud to see what they can do for us potentially.

I need help/direction in cleaning up our "Atlassian administration" page, which is currently showing 3 "Organizations". 

screenshot_4310.png

We should only have 1 "Organization", which is the first one shown above.

The attached image shows what we have and what I suspect we need to do:

1. Delete the "jira-core" org (we do not use it)
  2. Delete the 2nd of the two "organizations".

Please advise on how we can do this.

2 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 17, 2020

When creating a Jira site, automatically an organization is created. This organization can't be deleted. 

There is a feature request suggesting the implementation of this ability:

There is a workaround that used to work that you can try.  You can delete these organizations by using the "Transfer all products to another organization you administer" function (in Settings -> Details). Of course, there was nothing to actually transfer, but the process worked all the same and the extra organizations were deleted. A side-effect was that all admins got emails that they were made an admin, for each organization that I thus deleted.

Michael Woffenden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2020

That worked!  But Atlassian needs to make it less mysterious.  I'll vote for the item.

Hongtao Guan September 6, 2022

Srry, I am using the cloud version, it isn't worked for me, and I got this attention.

Xnip2022-09-06_15-51-25.jpg

Should I really need to contact the support team?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 8, 2022

Yes

0 votes
Julian Ting September 7, 2022

Hi all, it appears that the organisation deletion feature is gradually being rolled out for both the old and new Atlassian Administration UIs. You can find the documentation on this new feature here:
https://support.atlassian.com/organization-administration/docs/delete-an-atlassian-organization

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events