Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignee/status automatically updating the original ticket from a cloned ticket

Cheyenne Samano August 25, 2022

Hello, I think I might have a tough one.

I use JIRA Service Desk to collect tickets from other departments, those are then cloned and added to another board(lets call this Board B). When people then move the tickets to different columns or assign the tickets to themselves on Board B, I would like that information to automatically be copied from the cloned tickets on Board B to the original board/ticket. I think the problem that we might have is not everyone has a license to the original board that all the tickets are being cloned from? Does anyone know how to set this automation up?

1 answer

0 votes
Adam Rypel _MoroSystems_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 25, 2022

Hi @Cheyenne Samano ,

as for the automation, you could do something like this:

Snímek obrazovky 2022-08-25 230559.png

For the transition issue, you would do the same just with issue transitioned trigger and transition action.

For your question "I think the problem that we might have is not everyone has a license to the original board that all the tickets are being cloned from?" - what exactly do you mean by that? Is it getting cloned from service desk project to software project and these users do not have service desk license?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events