Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assignee based on assigned group

Andrea Dieguez March 21, 2023

Hi all!!

First of all let me say that I have seen similar questions but I have not seen the answer to mine if you find this topic please feel free to delete this question and  direct me to the correct thread .

I would like to know if the groups created for the assigned group field can be linked with the groups that we have in the administration console.

Or if it is not possible to do so, we would like to know if the assignee can be limited based on the assignment group. The fact is that we have currently edited the assigned group context so that different group names appear in the dropdown for each portal thats fine, but, these group names are added manually, I mean, the custom field option is not linked to the existing group in the atlassian console. The goal is that we want the ticket only be assigned to users belonging to that group, is that possible?. 

In summary we have the following:

assigned group that currently lists some groups or others depending on the proyect (manually edited in the context)

Assignee we would like it to load the list of users based on the Assigned group

Thanks in advance!!! 

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 21, 2023
It is possible to limit the assignee based on the assignment group in Jira Service Management Cloud. However, it is not mentioned in the provided context how to link the groups created for the assigned group field with the groups in the administration console. The assigned group context currently lists some groups manually edited depending on the project. To load the list of users based on the assigned group, you need to customize your request form and create a cascading select list where the first field is the assigned group and the second field is the assignee.
Andrea Dieguez March 22, 2023

Hi @Riley Venable  Thanks for your quick answer Understood, I have done as you comment a cascading field including the options manually edited as you say with the parent field that is the assigned group and the next one with the assignee. 

I suppose that although the ideal would be to be able to link it with the groups in the administration console, since it is not possible for now, it can be worth it with what you say, so thank you very much!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events