Allow customer to fetch its data via API

Duy Tran Quang September 21, 2022

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to let customers to fetch their issues details via API? 

Is there any security risk ? 

Any advise would be appreciated 

Thanks

2 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Duy Tran Quang ,

It's impossible to do it because they must authenticate as a licensed user, as @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ mentioned. For example, they have to access as Jira administrator. Documentation for API is located here, so you can check for every method what permissions are needed.

What is your use case? Could you please describe it?

Cheers,

Kate

Duy Tran Quang September 21, 2022

Hi Kate

My customer wants to fetch his issues in order to get them into his monitoring tools. 
the tickets are in Jira service management and we are using organisations to isolate our customers.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 21, 2022

Hi @Duy Tran Quang 

I'm not sure if it's possible, due to the fact that authentication is needed. But let's say that you provide an authentication token to your customers. This means, that they could have access to all information. I wouldn't suggest that.

An alternative would be to buy an app, like this, and let them export them whenever they want. Visible will be only the info they provided and statuses.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events