Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Jira update 8.20.4, our maillog is filled with strange text string.

Mikael Bergström February 21, 2022

Some of our customers doesn’t get the email that we send out from our servicedesk, however we can confirm that other customers do and when we send out a test mail it works without any issues.

When looking through the maillog (atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log) on our Jira-server we noticed that no new entries had been made since we upgraded Jira to the latest version. And every entry since then only said:

2022-01-25 22:22:15,896+0100 INFO [] Caesium-1-2      [c.a.m.o.c.a.j.p.i.batching.cron.MemorySafeEventRetriever] Searching for scheduled events to notify and using queryTimeout of null seconds.

Do anyone recognize this message? As of now we don’t if this is an issue or not, because some users do receive emails that we send out, so it might be an error on the receiving side. But it’s interesting that the log haven’t really shown any kind of error message since we updated Jira.   

Thank you

5 answers

0 votes
tengfei August 23, 2023

Did you get a resolution?

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2022

I met on the Jira 8.20.14. 

Finally, I disabled the batching functionality

0 votes
Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 3, 2022

I have spoken with Atlassian support and they told me that the logs are normal behaviour...

Mikael Bergström March 25, 2022

Well, I guess that's fine, until you actually need to find something useful from the logs... 

0 votes
Rafael Corredor March 1, 2022

Hi,
Any news about it? We have recently upgraded to v8.20.6 and it is the same case.  I assume it is possible to configure a logging package to WARN level to make sure those messages are not logged.   The question is... which one?

Thank you

Mikael Bergström March 25, 2022

No news sadly. 

Maxime Boyer February 6, 2023

The package should be com.atlassian.mail.outgoing.com.atlassian.jira.plugins.inform.batching.cron

This log is in atlassian-jira-outgoing-mail.log

It seems normal. The 'null' value represent an optional Jira property you can set (com.atlassian.jira.plugins.inform.batching-plugin.queryTimeout).

Like Rafael Corredor likes this
Rafael Corredor February 7, 2023

Hi @Maxime Boyer ,

com.atlassian.mail.outgoing.com.atlassian.jira.plugins.inform.batching.cron to WARN works great.  This annoying message has disappeared.

Which would be the default/recommended value for property com.atlassian.jira.plugins.inform.batching-plugin.queryTimeout? 

Thank you

Maxime Boyer October 5, 2023

Glad it worked for you. I wouldn't change that setting. I guess you could set it to a few seconds if you really wanted to.

0 votes
Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 23, 2022

I have the exact same issue for one of my customers

Noni Khutane April 26, 2022

Did you get a resolution?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events