Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add notes to ticket restricted agent access

AxxiHELP January 19, 2021

New User Here: is there a way to add a note that only some agents see? or just private to me, on an individual ticket?  Thanks in advance, i have searched the various help areas but dont see this.  

1 answer

0 votes
Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Hey @AxxiHELP ,

Really private notes don't exist on JIRA, you can either have customer notes (which all agents can see and the customer) or internal notes (which are only available to people with access to the project on the backend (agents/collaborators).

If there is a specific reason you need to hide information, have you maybe considered hiding the entire ticket? That can be done with a Security Level.

If you can maybe elaborate a bit on your use-case maybe we can think of something creative :)

Thanks Dirk. I want to be able to discuss some issues only with some agents (i.e. managers).  For example financials etc.  It would be helpful to be able to log this communication associated with the ticket, but do not want all agents having access.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 19, 2021

Well security levels, while not perfect might be a way to facilitate this then.

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/configure-issue-security-schemes/

The idea is to remove the issues completely from existence for the people who are not part of that security level. Now I think you might have 2 options:

1. You have a dedicated team or teams, this means you can build certain security levels and assign that to the ticket when needed.

2. and my more feasible option (since it is more flexible), you can create a single Security level but have it be based on a custom field (such as a group) or a multi user picker + assignee. This would allow you dynamic control over who can participate on the issue.

Imho, 2 seems to be the way to go and I think it might be the only way to really block access to something within the same project.

Thanks again, Dirk.  I dont think security will work as i dont want to limit access to the entire ticket, only certain internal comments and/or attachments.

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 19, 2021

Hmm, then we might need to look at "restricted comments".

This won't work for an attachment but you should be able to restrict a comment's visibility based on a group/project role.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/add-restricted-comments-on-jira-962353957.html

(i'm digging to find the Cloud documentation but according to https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-69231 it is also available for the new issue view now)

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events