Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add child option to Request form

Stefan Froehlich November 2, 2022

We are using a cascading dropdown field for our product categorizations. 

However, when adding the parent field to a request type, I am unable to select the required child option which would be the whole reason for this field to be there in the first place.

Is there any way I can make the child-options available in the request form and autopopulate them or is there any other way I can automatically assign those fields to request types?

Thank you,

Stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 28, 2022

Hi @Stefan Froehlich 

Can I confirm if you're using the normal "Request Type" form, or the Forms option?

Using the former, I can add Cascading Fields without an obvious issue.

It'd be useful if you could:

• Detail the process further - for example, what scenario would require auto-population of the options?
  • Provide screenshots to highlight the issue

Ste

Stefan Froehlich December 29, 2022

Hi Stephen,

funnily enough, a day or so after I had posted this question, Jira came out with a new beta feature that, once it was enabled, allowed me to exactly do what for some reason was not possible before.

Before the update, the selection options would stop at the first arrow (to the right).

After the update, the child options from a cascading context menu would appear and allow me to select as default.

child options.png

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events