Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade JIRA Server with Service Desk 1.2.5

Sverrir Tynes _Origo_ January 10, 2018

I have a JIRA Server 6.2.2 with JIRA Service Desk 1.2.5 expired trial installed. After upgrading to JIRA Software 7.6.2 ( with first upgrade to 7.0.11) and installed the latest version of JIRA Service Desk application I can not create any Service Desk projects. 

Do I need to perform any actions on my JIRA Server 6.2.2 before upgrading JIRA

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
somethingblue
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 10, 2018

Hi Sverrir,

The most likely culprit is that you did not follow the outlined upgrade path for JIRA Service Desk.  Take a look at the article After upgrading to JIRA Service Desk 3.2.x or greater, Service Desk project's navigation bar shows "Unable to render element due to an error":

Unfulfilled upgrade requirements. The minimum version to upgrade to JIRA Service Desk 3.2.x or greater is 3.0.x/3.1.x, this has also been stated in the upgrade notes.

(info) If JIRA has been upgraded to 7.0.x/3.0.x or 7.1.x/3.1.x before, please check the following KB instead:

You'll need to review the above link and the If you have upgraded to 7.3.x / 3.3.x and above section in the After upgrading to JIRA Service Desk 3.2.x or greater, Service Desk project's navigation bar shows "Unable to render element due to an error knowledge base article.

Here are some additional links you'll want to review before you begin:

Let me know if that helps.

Cheers,

Branden

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events