Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change board ownership of a non shared board

Deleted user July 19, 2018

We have a individual that left and I cannot update the board query to reflect a new project. I need to transfer all ownership of a board that is not shared.

1 answer

0 votes
Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2018

Hi Farhan,

so you want to change the owner of an unshared private filter you can't access from the administration? You will have to go through the database then unfortunately I guess. Found this KB-Article How to Retrieve a List of Private Filters or Dashboards

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 19, 2018

or just recreate the board....and make it shared.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

Was my first thought too. But I need to know what the filter was looking for, right? Not sure how the table for searchrequests looks but I guess you can get that information from there.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

yes but i guess i'm confused. If the board isn't shared w/ anyone at all then who can see it in the first place? If it is shared someone must have an idea of what it is used for and could adequately create a new board to meet the needs. Basically, just start over. Talk to the audience of the board and see what they need.

Max Foerster - K15t
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 19, 2018

That's the point again, if there's audience, the filter'd be shared and he could interact with it in the administration and change the owner as sys admin. We agree that this is like super easy to do. But if it's just private and he only knows it exists but it's not shared and whatnot. Difficult. Now I want to know what makes this filter so special. Is it like THE filter? Can it bring world peace? :D

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events