How can I change ticket states manually in Jira Service desk?

I am unable to manually change the ticket states

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

What do you mean by "manually change"?  What are you trying to do and how and where?

For example if the ticket state is waiting for support and I want to change it manually to waiting for customer or waiting for partner or any other state

This widget could not be displayed.

You will have to go into the Service Desk Project and click into the project settings.

• Go down to the "Screens" tab (towards the bottom)
  • After you click ont he Screens tab, you'll see the screens associated with each operationCapture.PNG
  • Click into the associated screen (in my case, ill click on JIRA Service Desk Screen for Project OS)
  • It will bring you to the Configure Screen page and all you have to do is add the field "Resolution"
  • NOTE: If you have different screens for each operation, you'll have to change all 3 screens to have the Resolution field. 

I can change the Resolution state all the way up until closing the ticket, once the ticket is closed, you cannot change the resolution state unless you Reopen the Ticket.

I hope this makes sense and that this is helpful! 

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Aug 13, 2018 in Jira Service Desk

Jira Service Desk – Don’t be afraid, the journey begins with curiosity!

...be more productive while being fun to use at the same time. For some, getting started can be a bit intimidating. This is especially true if Jira Service Desk is your first exposure to Atlassian...

8,599 views 9 28
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you