Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter Activity Stream based on the UserName

Nishant rana June 13, 2019

I'm using JIRA Service Desk Desk (Cloud).

I want to Customise an Activity Stream so that it 

• Shows the comments added by Customers
  • Does not show the comments added by the Support Desk Agents

Basically, I want to add the names of the support desk agents here: 

J1.png QUESTIONS:

1. How do I find the UserNames of my support agents? Looks like UserNames are no longer supported https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloud/blog/2018/06/say-goodbye-to-usernames-in-atlassian-cloud
  2. Is there any other way to populate the name of the support agents here? These are the things that I tried but did not work
    1. Got the user names of agents by @ mentioning as described here and added them to the field - space separated 
    2. Typed the Display names of the Support Desk Agents 

2 answers

0 votes
Deffo Admin February 25, 2021

Dropping an addon suggestion in here, might be the right tool for this use case.

We just launched our new Activity and Reports webapp for Jira Cloud currently in Beta and would love to hear your feedback on this.

Among other features it can provide a filtered activity feed for one or more users (e.g. yourself and/or your team) across all or specific projects.

activity-filter-by-user.png

Oh and it can merge activity from multiple Jira Cloud sites.

If you are keen to try out a modern activity feed and report webapp for Jira Cloud then head over to deffo.io and sign up for the Beta, it's free and no installation is required.

0 votes
Olga Videc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 14, 2019

Hello @Nishant rana 

I understood correctly the information you provided in the link.

"Usernames will continue to work in the backend in our products (for example with Jira JQL) but will eventually be phased out in favor of display names. 

These changes will happen in the background, with no interruption to service."

That means you can still use usernames in JQL and Activity stream uses JQL to filter, after some time usernames will be removed from JQL and swapped with Display name, but Atlassian will handle it.

So my suggestion is to use user names and separate them with comma.

Activity stream.PNG

To find usernames go to Site administration > Users

Note: display name and username is not the same.

To find Service desk Agents go to groups, jira-servicedesk-users there you will see all service desk agents/people with licenses. 

BR, Olga

jbassi_deloitte_com May 23, 2020

So I need to be an admin to find out my own username?

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events