Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confluence JIRa integration - agent's access (not customers) to knowledge base articles

Katya Godneva December 13, 2017

Hello,
Here is my thing, need a bit of advice. I have a JIRA SD project connected to confluence space (and in order to do that, confluence needs to be given public access).
Now I am displaying knowledge base articles on the portal all right, that works fine (see the screenshot)
but I also want to be able to display articles for inside JIRA SD my agents only (), so that no one could have access to them exept for agents.
But when I restrict visibility of the article in any way, it's no longer displayed inside jira.
Please help me to sort this out.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 18, 2017

I cannot seem to find a way to do this.  I think this is because the customer portal is specifically designed for the use of customers.  Agents could use it if they wanted to, but typically Agents do not need to use this customer portal because they have access to the main Jira site login.

Further complicating this is that Jira is displaying this content, but the content itself and the permissions to it would have to be managed from within confluence.

There is a similar existing feature request in https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-4180 but this is a request to be able to restrict public confluence pages from JSD customers.   It seems related to what you are looking for here.

The current configuration options within Jira Service Desk only allow you two options: all active users and customer can view the Kb space OR only licensed users can view this:

access1.png

I am afraid that there is not currently a means for the kind of granular control I think you are looking for here.

Katya Godneva January 11, 2018

Hello, @Andy Heinzer
Thanks a lot for the answer,

That doesn't really get me where I want, i am afraid. Let's forget about providing customers with knowledge base aricle.

You see, my goal is to give to the agents assecc to protected restricted content from inside jira service desk project (like internal instructions, reference information and so on.)

But as soon as I restrict assess to the page, it's no longer visible from within the project (even for a person, who has access to the space, with the same authentication, as service desk.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events