Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can customers who self register access more than 1 portal?

ligent February 2, 2018

Hi All,

I am a university instructor.  I have created a JIRA Service Desk app in which there is a project for each of my courses.  I have required that customers log in.  But, I allow them to self-register.  This has been working fine for about 2 weeks.

I have one student who needs to access the portal for 2 different classes.  The system allows him to access the original portal under which he self-registered.  But, when he clicks the link for the other class portal and logs in, he receives the following message:

You don't have permission to view this portal. View other portals

The intended portal cannot be found in the Request Center.

I can reproduce this problem with a test customer.  So, I think that it is a pervasive issue.  How can I allow a customer who has self-registered under one portal to access other portals?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best,

Kevin

1 answer

0 votes
Nabil
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 10, 2018

Hi Kevin,

This depends on the Customer Permissions for the specific project. See https://confluence.atlassian.com/servicedeskcloud/set-up-customer-permissions-732528940.html

If the other portal is set to Customers my team adds to the project, then the user who self-register would not have access if not added (by admin/agent) to the project. If anyone should be allowed access, you can change the option to Anyone can send a request via  the portal or your servicedesk email address

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events