How can I display a list of epics in a list view and have the objects they "relate to" as column

Jerry Meyer October 14, 2019

I would like to have a list view that displays all of the epics for a given fix version - this part is easy.

The hard part is that I would like one of the columns in the list view table to display the parent "related to" issue so that I can group the epics by this parent issue (via sorting)

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 17, 2019

Hello Jerry,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

In JIRA, you can only use a general link as a column in an issue list (JQL filter), that will return all the linked issues to the Epic from all link types (Related to, duplicated by, etc):

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 18.02.57.png

That being said, if you have multiple issues linked in different ways to your epics and would like to see/sort only by the "relates to" link, I recommend you to export your issues to CSV where to outward link type is specified:

Screen Shot 2019-10-17 at 18.03.50.png

Doing that, you will be able to use a spreadsheet software (Excel, LibreOffice, etc) the issues your Epics are related to.

P.S: Due to this bug, both inward and outward links are displayed as outward, however, I believe this is not gonna be a problem since you will be able to simply differentiate it by the issue type.

Let me know if this information helps.

Suggest an answer