Changing the default number of transition buttons on Jira Cloud

gvigurs October 4, 2019

Have Atlassian added the option to edit the default number of transition buttons yet?
I know this is possible on a server deployment of Jira by editing the properties file, but is it possible to do this yet on Jira cloud? I have seen a few posts requesting this feature dating back to 2014, but haven't seen any recent posts detailing whether it's possible on the most recent version of Jira cloud.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Stephen Wright _Elabor8_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2019

Hi @gvigurs

I located the suggestion - JRACLOUD-41596

It's closed though as obsolete - see the first paragraph of the Atlassian note:

We are in the process of rolling out an entirely new issue detail view for Jira Cloud, across all products. This new issue experience has been completely redesigned and includes a single status transition button with a drop-down, which will show all status's and/or all transitions --> status if you have multiple transitions to a single status within your workflow. The ordering is just alphabetical within each status category (to do, in progress, done).

Ste

gvigurs October 4, 2019

Thanks for the quick reply. Will watch the following ticket to track changes as they are rolled out - JRACLOUD-70555 

Suggest an answer