Can I use Scriptrunner to hide fields in a Request Type based on Group or Project Role?

Barb O'Connell June 30, 2020

Can I use Scriptrunner to hide fields in a Request Type based on Group or Project Role? Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 vote
Mathis Hellensberg
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2020

Hi @Barb O'Connell 

You absolutely can using behaviours like below :)

Snipaste_2020-07-01_12-25-03.png

Barb O'Connell July 14, 2020

Anyway to do this in Jira Cloud?

0 votes
Kristian Walker _Adaptavist_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2020

Hi Barb,

I can confirm that unfortunately it is not possible to achieve your requirement of hiding fields in a Request Type based on Group or Project Role with ScriptRunner for Jira Cloud.

The reason for this is due the fact that the plugin is unable to perform any dynamic validation on issue forms to link or hide fields like the server version can with the Behaviors feature.

Also I can confirm that the plugin cannot dynamically populate field values like it can in the server version can with the Behaviors feature.

The reason we are unable to provide this functionality is due to the restricted functionality and API's which Atlassian provide inside JIRA Cloud, due to the fact that Atlassian only provide a Rest API in Jira Cloud and not the same Java API that the server version contains.

You can see more detailed information on the differences between ScriptRunner for JIRA Cloud and ScriptRunner for JIRA Server inside of the documentation page located here.

I hope this information helps.

Regards,

Kristian

Barb O'Connell July 16, 2020

Thanks Kristian,  I understand, thank you for the thoughtful response.

0 votes
Barb O'Connell July 7, 2020

I'm in Cloud.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders