Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We need a new field type "@Person"!

Michael Buechele September 22, 2023

Currently, there are two field types that can be used to assign persons to an idea:

• Assignee field (default system field)
  • @People field (one or more persons)

While the Assignee field is displayed transparently with an icon and the name, the @People field is only displayed with icons. It is also not possible to restrict this field to a single person.

I suggest to introduce another field type "@Person" that behaves like the Assignee field:

• Assign a single person to an idea, but allow for a different role/purpose/semantic than assignee (for example "key stakeholder", "idea sponsor", "tester")
  • The "@Person" field should be displayed exactly in the the same way like the Assignee field with an icon and the name.

With this field type we are able to assign single persons with other roles than assignee to an idea.

In JIRA there is a similar field type called "User picker (single user)".

3 comments

matan.grady September 22, 2023

+1

For example use cases like adding the designer/analyst, or setting owner or RnD owner 

Like Michael Buechele likes this
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 25, 2023

Hey Michael! 

We currently have other commitments to deliver, but we have an item on the roadmap regarding improvements on the people fields :) 

Cheers, 

Hermance

Bastien VERDEBOUT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 24, 2023

+1

In my use case i do Discovery teams for technical topics, and i need to nominate persons :

- product manager for this opportunity

- lead tech for this opportunity

Each of these = 1 column

I fully agree on the behavior described by @Michael Buechele 

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events