Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion: Time Indicator (Part 2)

Mart Postma June 21, 2024

Hi JPD Team,

A few months back I suggested in this discussion to add some functionality in JPD to keep track of milestones and a current time indicator for timeline views.

Great to see that the milestones feature is now already in JPD! However, to make the timeline view experience much better, it would be great to also have a current time indicator added to this view (as previously suggested).

Additionally, I was thinking of adding a new button like "now" or "today" to the timeline view which would move the timeline to this time indicator (which should then be placed somewhere in the middle of the view). 

Pain points:

• As an example, when I currently open a timeline view which starts in Jan 2023 and ends in Dec 2025, the view opens with the start date showing first. It would be great to have the ability to control this behaviour, or change it such that it always moves to the current time indicator.
  • Also, when scrolling horizontally on a timeline view, using this "now"/"today" button would be of great help to quickly move back to the current day.

Added a new sketch as an example.

time indicator sketch.png

Thanks as always and the recent updates are very much appreciated!

2 comments

Amina Bouabdallah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 24, 2024

hi there! how are you @mar ? great to hear from you!

It's in the list of ideas for the timeline view, adding this comment as an insight right now!

Thank you so much for the energy.

Best

Amina 

Like Mart Postma likes this
Dison Martin June 27, 2024

I agree that this would be super helpful!  Just gives you more visual context as to how much longer you have until you hit the milestone date.

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events