Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reuse JPD custom fields in other JPD project

Sam Hepworth February 12, 2024

I noticed that custom fields created in one JPD project cannot be reused in another JPD project. This includes such fields as "Roadmap" which seems to be a custom field automatically created when a JPD project is created.

Reusing customer fields makes it easier to maintain multiple JPD projects, that use the same fields.

Having multiple fields with the same name makes it pretty hard to create automation. Sharing fields across JPD projects solves that problem.

2 comments

Chris Timms
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 12, 2024

Hey @Sam Hepworth

You are correct fields in JPD are per project. One of the constraints from the Atlassian Team-managed projects model (because when you think about it, shared fields actually have a lot of draw backs since no one authority technically owns them, version control becomes a thing). I believe it's feedback the JPD team are thinking about (e.g. Field Configuration Schemes in JPD ).

Regards,

- C

Sam Hepworth February 12, 2024

Thanks for the feedback Chris. You link to Field Configuration Schemes in JPD is not working for me, but I would like to read about it :)

/sam

Axel Sooriah
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 12, 2024
Like Sam Hepworth likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events