Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the issue type configurable in Jira Product Discovery?

Leo LI February 1, 2024

Hi team,

I'd like to create a custom issue type in Jira Product Discovery project, however, it seems couldn't been added. I reviewed the know limitations here, but didn't find any clarified answer to it.

Could you please help to share more information about this? 

Thanks in advance!

1 comment

Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 1, 2024

Hi @Leo LI ,

It's not possible to configure issue type in Discovery project. I think this post has most information you'd need regarding configuration: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Frequently-asked-questions-about-the-product-how-do-I/ba-p/2002378

Can we create different issue types and their relationships? (e.g. parent/child or opportunity/solution)

Not yet, but it's on the roadmap. In the meantime you can use the flexible fields and views system to do this. Here is an example:

Demo: grouping solutions by opportunities. And here's a recording for how to reproduce this configuration

I hope this helps!

Like Rohan Swami likes this
Leo LI February 1, 2024

Thank you @Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc , this is really helpful.

Like Linh Pham_Ricksoft_Inc likes this
Sam Hepworth February 2, 2024

We also use a custom field called "Type" and have set up automation to automatically prefix the idea summary with a character identifying the type. For example, an idea with type Metric automatically has a "^" as the first character in the summary. Makes it easy to see the type of idea in boards and when we search for them.

Leo LI February 2, 2024

Thank you @Sam Hepworth to share this. But could you please share some screenshot or demo about it, so as to make me more easier to understand the flow.

Sam Hepworth February 12, 2024

@Leo LI 

We have the following idea types:

Idea - Represents an input. Much the same as an insight, but more flexible.

Theme - Used to group related ideas. 

Story - A part of a feature. May get translated into serveral "tasks" in Jira Software. Is related to Ideas.

Feature - Something we build. Becomes an "epic" in Jira Software. Is related to Ideas and Stories.

Objective - Something we want to achieve with the stuff that we build. Is related to features.

Metric - Something we measure. Has a target and actual. Is related to objectives.

We use automation to add an "ídea type character" to the summary, so that it is easy to see the type.

We also use automation to update text fields with the names of related stuff. Makes it easier to see what is related to what in the roadmap. 

IdeaTypes.png

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events