Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global Fields

Blake Falanga March 4, 2024

Is there a way to share custom fields and values across Jira Software and Jira Product Discovery projects? Or even across separate Jira Product Discovery projects? 

It's less than ideal to have to create the exact same custom fields that we have in Jira Software within Jira Product Discovery. 

Or, is there a way to differentiate the names that you see via JQL, as we are currently pulling fields with the exact same name and it's difficult to know which is the correct field to select. 

3 comments

Ved Venkata
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 4, 2024

Very similar issue.  I have Jira projects that already have the fields I want, but not able to bring it into Jira Product Discovery, other than creating the same thing again.   Suggestions please? 

Hanna
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 5, 2024

Hi @Blake Falanga , 

We have great news for you! Now, you will be able to create global fields and use them across Jira Product Discovery projects. Additionally, you can use fields from Jira Software in your discovery projects.

For more detailed information, please refer to this link https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Product-Discovery-articles/Early-Access-Program-Global-fields/ba-p/2615887

Cheers!

Like Violeta Tamašauskienė likes this
Blake Falanga March 5, 2024

Thank you, @Hanna ! Very exciting news. Is there any timeline on when this feature will be rolled out for everyone to use? 

Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 6, 2024

Hi @Blake Falanga , 

We will start beta testing in April, so according to the feedback, we aime for a couple of months after that. 

Like Blake Falanga likes this
Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
March 5, 2024

@Blake Falanga Shared fields and field values across Jira Product Discovery Projects is coming soon. There are more details in this post.

Can you tell me more about your use case for wanting to have shared fields/values across Jira Product Discovery and Jira Software?

Blake Falanga March 5, 2024

Hi @Rohan Swami , thanks! We have custom fields that we maintain in Jira Software, which we would love to be able to use the same fields and field values in Jira Product Discovery to avoid maintaining multiple separate lists. This helps us classify ideas that are submitted to our team and then determine the best way to route them. 

Also, when querying for issues, it is very difficult to select the right custom field, if they have the same name across different projects. 

Like Rohan Swami likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events