Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Filter by votes

Amy Marcowich June 12, 2023

Can you really not filter a view to only show ideas that have votes associated with them? I've just finished facilitating a voting session on the all ideas view, I created a copy of the board and included the new votes field in the new view - Id like to filter out all the ideas that did not receive votes but the voting field is not an option in the filter dropdown?! Ive tried this across different views and not finding it? 

Thanks, 

Amy

2 comments

Barnali Putatunda
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 12, 2023

Hi Amy,

You may try this, it might help you.

1. Navigate to issue search
  2. Construct a search for the issues you're interested in (e.g. all issues in a particular project)
  3. Execute the search
  4. Switch to list view
  5. Click the "Columns" button on the right of the screen
  6. Type "Votes" into the columns dialog search
  7. Check the checkbox that appears
  8. Click the "Done" button in the columns dialog
  9. Click the "Votes" column that appeared in the results table to sort issues by number of votes
  10. The issues with the greatest number of votes will be at the top of the table

Alternatively, you can also switch to Advanced way of issue searching. And add the following at the end of the JQL:  ORDER BY votes DESC
And add the Votes column in the list view

I hope this helps you!

Thanks Barnali. That I already have. Id like to create a view that ONLY contains the items that have votes against them.

Like Florian Lutz likes this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2023

Hi Amy, you are correct, that's a limitation of this field currently. We plan to add support for filtering for Votes fields. 

Thanks for confirming that I am not going crazy Tanguy! Can you suggest a workaround? What would be the best field for me to add that can represent the fact an item has votes? I am already using the effort, impact and priority fields so cant be them...

Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 12, 2023

I'd probably do something like this: 

https://www.loom.com/share/63ae566c521d4b84ab1f0a674ecbc45b

That works exactly as I need it to! Thank you very much!

Omer Meshar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 13, 2023

@Tanguy Crusson @Amy Marcowich  By the way, another way to do this, without selecting the ideas manually, would be to add a "Selected" field of type formula, which looks at the votes field. On this field, you can have a filter of greater than 0, and voila... :-)

Like # people like this
Tanguy Crusson
Atlassian Team
June 13, 2023

Oooh, that's a good one. Better than my suggestion because it keeps things up to date. Thanks @Omer Meshar !

@Amy Marcowich this is better : https://www.loom.com/share/d6bab57460614d5ba387d9e00711bec6?sid=edf17bfc-930f-4d83-ad5d-85a919d5cc60

Like # people like this
Amy Marcowich June 14, 2023

Thank you @Omer Meshar & @Tanguy Crusson

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events