Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any Pro-tips for collecting user feedback in JPD?

Niels Schultz December 8, 2023

Hello,

I need your help.

Our support team wants to share valuable customer feedback with the product team (of course they do! ;-)) and I am looking for the best set up in JPD to collect the feedback.

We want to use the Chrome browser plugin to make it as easy as possible for the support team.

Now, I don't want to ask my support colleagues to sift through our growing list of ideas (50+) to choose one or more ideas to link the customer message to.

My idea now is to create a dedicated project in JPD, called 'Valuable Feedback' with 5 'ideas' (Feature requests, Usability issues, Content feedback, Performance concerns and General feedback).

The product people can then synthesise the insights and copy links to these insights to specific ideas in our 'main' Discovery project.

This feels not really like the best way so I'm curious to hear your solutions how you go about this. 🙏

2 comments

Amanda Hornburg December 8, 2023

Hi Niels,

I'm eagerly anticipating early adopter access to External Stakeholder access, which aligns with your requirements. You have the flexibility to grant access to specific views or create tailored views for them. We're currently exploring how to structure views for customer review and voting.

I'm particularly enthusiastic about this because having a dedicated view for customer feedback eliminates the need to maintain two separate JPD projects. Our initial approach involves using a "Gathering Interest" status to streamline the list when requesting votes from our beta offices.

Internally, we've designated everyone in our organization as contributors for internal feedback. This allows them to view ideas, provide customer insights, and vote on each idea. Initially, we considered restricting ideas, but we opted to grant access to all ideas while organizing views differently. This enables users to locate what they need, grouped by bucket or goals and sorted by votes or insights.

Additionally, we've utilized the timeline view to share our roadmap internally. These capabilities were previously exclusive to our product and tech teams. Achieving this level of transparency is a significant milestone, made feasible by JPD's tight integration with Jira and Confluence, making management seamless.

JPD offers extensive customization options to meet your specific needs, despite its somewhat limited feature set.

Like # people like this
Niels Schultz December 12, 2023

Hi Amanda,

"I'm eagerly anticipating early adopter access to External Stakeholder access"

Is this is an upcoming feature of JPD? Can I read more info somewhere perhaps? 

Rohan Swami
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 8, 2023

Hi @Niels Schultz we have a section on this in an earlier guide:

How can we use Jira Product Discovery to collect feedback from customers/users and other teams (support, sales, customer success, marketing)?

In this first version of Jira Product Discovery, we’ve focused on some the jobs that help a PM do their job: prioritizing ideas and opportunities, creating and sharing roadmaps that stay up to date, and capturing feedback from a bunch of different places (interview notes in Confluence/Google Docs, conversations in Slack/Teams). But for now we assume the PMs have existing channels they use to receive feedback, and we help them send this feedback to ideas in Jira Product Discovery.

We have only partially tackled the job of creating a direct feedback channel between customers/users or other internal teams (sales/support/customer success/marketing) with the product team. We have plans to do more there, but for now these are the options that you can use to do that with the product today:

1. Set up a Jira Service Management queue to receive feedback from customers and internal teams

2. Set up a dedicated Slack channel #product-feedback to receive feedback from internal teams (also works with Teams)

3. Share views with other teams and gather their feedback using fields and votes to receive feedback from internal teams

I think in your scenario, the Jira Service Management queue would be the best scenario, then it requires your Product team to map from the queue to your ideas.

Like # people like this
Niels Schultz December 12, 2023

Tnx Rohan, I will have a look into these suggested options! 🙏

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events