Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to exclude/remove idea from weighted score formula?

Radosław Bielak February 10, 2023

is that possible? I have many screens for few teams and even if idea is archived, is still calculated. couldnt find any workaround.

2 answers

1 vote
Hermance NDounga
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2023

Hi @Radosław Bielak 

For now, it is not possible to have a weighted score just for a certain view. We are exploring how it could be done, but we stumble into a few edge cases that wouldn't be ideal so we will continue to work on it. 

To take back your use case, there are two workarounds that you could implement: 

1. Preferred solution: Use a "Write your own" instead of of "Weighted score" Formula. 

The problem with the weighted score in your case is that it considers all ideas and normalizes the score to give a scale from 100 to 0 regardless of which "numbers" are used as input. So in your case, the score is "tied" to all ideas in the project, which probably doesn't make sense if your teams are working on two very different product areas.

When using your own formula, the score appearing there would be an exact reflection of the fields used, without taking into account other ideas in the project. Each idea would have its own score, so you get and objective number in the formula column that can be used in different views. 

Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 13.16.13.png

2. Least preferred option: keep the weighted score and use different fields. 

You could create fields, Effort A, Effort B, Goal A and Goal B, and you fill only the correct fields for each idea, then you create two formula fields reporting on fields A and another one reporting on fields B, and you can implement these two fields in two different views.

Besides the fact that having multiple fields serving the same purpose seem counterproductive, I think this solution is unmanageable with more than three different groups. 

Regarding archived ideas, we should indeed not include them in formulas, so we will add this to our backlog and prioritize it on the roadmap. Thanks for your feedback ! 

I hope it helps 

Cheers 

Hermance

Dan Seaman
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
July 8, 2024

I just want to re-up this question. For us, we want to exclude any issues that are status "done" from the weighted score. So far the only way to do that seems to be to archive them, but we want to keep done items in our views for the time being. Would be really nice to be able to filter out issues from the weighted score. 

0 votes
Charu Takkar February 12, 2023

Hello @Radosław Bielak 
 While creating report  I added an additional  filter to remove archived ideas using the advanced JQL-Capture.PNG
Not sure this is exactly what you are looking for. 

Radosław Bielak February 12, 2023

thanks! this is a first step. So I have follow up question.

Lets say I have two Teams, Team A and Team B. Is is possibile to have two different calculations for those teams? I will try using this formula but maybe there is some another workaround.

Pain: We dont want to have multiple screens for ideas and get easy transfer discovery knowledge, when you see all ideas on one screen

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events